FREITAG X BROMPTON
WE JUST PUT A NEW SPIN ON BACKPACKS
Our friends at FREITAG are the masters of making bags. It all started in 1993, when graphic designers Markus and Daniel Freitag developed a messenger bag from used truck tarpaulins, discarded bicycle inner tubes and car seat belts; giving birth to their brand and bags – each one recycled, each one unique.
Fast forward to today, and the brand’s philosophy has never been more important: think and act in cycles. We couldn’t agree more.
So it seemed silly not to team up with them to work on new solutions for urban mobility. A collaboration, with what we both think is important at its heart; thinking and acting in cycles, quality, functionality, and of course, riding bikes.
The result? A FREITAG bag that now clips on to the front of a Brompton folding bike, where it fits and functions as perfectly as it does in its more usual place. Namely, on your back.
FREITAG F748 COLTRANE –
BACKPACK FOR BROMPTON
This special version of the prototypical, rectangular, recycled FREITAG backpack can be turned through 90 degrees and unfold its full potential on any Brompton folding bike.
● Made of used truck tarp, this unique piece comes with an aluminum Brompton front carrier frame and, thanks to its Velcro® straps, can be easily removed.
● Can be used as a backpack with or without the aluminum frame.
● Backpack straps attach magnetically–and almost magically– to the back of the bag, enabling one-handed docking and removal on any Brompton bike with any handlebar type.
● Double-zippered, padded main compartment made of recycled PET fabric with rapid access to the laptop compartment.
● Zippered outer compartment is easily accessed from the saddle when you hit a red light.
● Extra-long key strap so you can unlock your door even when the backpack is fixed to the bike.
● Includes a mud flap cut from the same tarp that bolts to the front fender of any Brompton bike.
at FREITAG Stores, Brompton Junctions and on freitag.ch