Experience the freedom a Brompton folding bike brings you. A Brompton bike is perfect for those that live, work or play in cities: The bike folds up to a third of its size, and it is suitable to take on all forms of transport – perfect for commuting on trains, popping in the boot of the car and taking out of the city for some fresh air, hailing a taxi when the weather changes or you want to get home late at night.
When folded, a Brompton stays locked together, making an extremely compact package little larger than its wheels.
Brompton has had a red in the range since the earliest days, and House Red is our latest vintage to continue the tradition. Not too loud, but the classic tone does enough to stand out when out on the streets. The Brompton H6R in House Red features an H-type handlebar supporting a more upright riding style, great if you enjoy riding while enjoying scenic views. It boasts a full range of 6 gears covering all riding needs, great for hilly areas. Includes mudguards which is the perfect option if you live in a rainy region, and a rear rack, that offers extra space to secure your belongings. This model also includes Dynamo lighting that powers the front and rear lights from the hub. This is combined with a stand-light to maintain power when stationary, meaning there is no charging required. This model also comes with a wide saddle, which is compatible with the Cateye Rapid Mini rear light for Brompton.
- Model: H6R
- Handlebar Type: H type (1075mm)
- Gears: 6 speed
- Mudguards Type: Version R (includes mudguards and rack)
- Frame Material: Steel
- Main Frame Color: House Red
- Extremities Color: House Red
- Gear Ratio: Standard
- Saddle: Brompton wide saddle with black rails and 167mm width. This saddle is compatible with the Cateye Rapid Mini rear light for Brompton.
- Seatpost: Standard (inside leg up to 33 inches). (Please note: The seatpost shown on the product images is different to the one specified on this page)
- Lighting: SP Hub Dynamo (SV-8): Dynamo lighting powers the front and rear lights from the hub. It produces approx. 25 lumens of power and it offers low weight, low rolling resistance and high efficiency
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon Racer
- Folded Dimensions: 645mm (H) x 585mm (W) x 270mm (D) (25.3'' x 23'' x 10.6'')
- Weight (approx.): 27.84 lbs
- Front Carrier Block: Yes
- Bag: No, but see our bags range here
- Toolkit: No, but available to purchase here
- Pump: Yes